In another example, just two weekends ago, I called my mom in exasperation wondering why nobody was coming to play with me on this website. Two days later, I started getting emails and Facebook messages from various relations about what they could do to help. And I thought to myself, next time, I’m going to ask the universe for a million dollars.
So, in that “the universe will give me what I ask for” vein, I thought I’d post some wishes that I have for this website. Okay, they’re really wants. Wish. Want. Potato. Potahto.
1. A vintage Schellhardt [Tree] Growing tee-shirt from the 1991 Schellhardt Reunion. And pictures from that reunion. Better yet, pictures of attendees wearing those tee-shirts at that reunion.
2. A guest blogger once a month. I’m a generous kinda girl – I’d be willing to turn Notes from Number 33 into Notes from Number 9 or Notes from Number 4-GG (that’s great-grandchild). Think about it. I bet you have awesome stories and insights to share. And quite frankly, I wasn’t around for a long time. You need to bring me up to speed on what the family was doing…especially in the 70s. Admit it, everyone was out disco-ing!
3. A family book club. It wouldn’t be required reading. I’d even allow Cliff Notes. Come back tomorrow to find out why I think this is a stellar idea!
4. The liquor license from Schellhardt’s Café. I don’t even know if bars needed liquor licenses back in the old days and my responses to the Philadelphia City Archives have gone unanswered. If I can’t get the license, I’d love a picture of the front of the bar.
5. A chartered bus trip on a journey that I’ve entitled “Walk Where They Walked.” Hear me out – the Kennedy family (yes, that Kennedy family) used to take a family trip every summer during which they all climbed into chartered buses and visited the Boston spots that were important in their family history. I’m pretty sure Teddy played tour director and narrated the whole thing. If Kennedys can, Schellhardts can! We could charter a bus and drive around the streets of Philadelphia. Who wouldn’t want to see where the Schellhardts got their start?
There you have it, Universe. Now do your thing!